Table of contents
A brief introduction to the tutorial and what you can expect to learn.
- Lesson 3: Events
- Lesson 4: Variables and Constants
- Lesson 5: Smarter Scripts with Operators
Every program, even the simplest one, contains some logic. In this lesson you will learn how to use mathematical, logical, and comparison operators to give some intelligence to your web page.
- Lesson 6: Even Smarter Scripts with if…else and switch
We’ll be looking at how you can instruct your web page to make choices on the basis of some given condition.
Loops can repeat parts of a script. In this lesson, we look at loops such as while and for.
- Lesson 9: A Gentle Introduction to Objects
Learn to use the Date object to work with dates and times dynamically. You will be able to get today’s date, learn how to set a specific date, and how to display the time on your web page.
In this lesson, you will learn what an array is, how it is used, and what it can do.
- Lesson 15: Useful Tasks (I) – Setting and Retrieving Cookies
- Lesson 16: Useful Tasks (II) – Form Validation
Our second real world task is so widely known that couldn’t have been overlooked. Learn how to ensure website visitors fill out your form correctly.
- Lesson 18: Making AJAX Calls
- Lesson 19: Short Introduction to jQuery
- Lesson 20: Cool Animation Effects with jQuery
Learn how easy it is to add bells and whistles to your web page with jQuery.
- Lesson 21: Easy AJAX Calls with jQuery
In lesson 18 you learned to make AJAX calls the hard way. In this lesson you are going to perform the same task the jQuery way, that is, the fast and simple way.